Although the plastic industry is now in its second century, the most important developments have occurred in 1910. Since the creation of first man-made plastic by Alexander Parkes in 1862, the plastic industry has evolved and broadly integrated into today’s lifestyle by making a major, irreplaceable contribution to virtually all product areas.
|1959||Low-Density Poly Ethylene|
|1961||Poly Vinyl Chloride|
|1968||High-Density Poly Ethylene|
|1978||Integrated Petro-Chemical Complex (IPCL)|
|1993||Poly Vinyl Chloride|
|1999||Worldâ€™s Largest Petro-Chemical Complex and Green Refinery|
DEMAND & GROWTH
- The size of the plastic processing industry stands at Rs8.50 billion (9 MMT), is expected to reach Rs.1300 billion (18.9 MMT) by 2015.
- Per capita consumption 9 kg
- Processing capacity 30 MMT
- Employing about 4 million people
- 2,000 exporters
- More than 30,000 operational processing units